Isolabantwana“The Eye on the Child”
Goal of Project
The “Eye on the Child” project’s goal is increase the prevention of child abuse and neglect by strengthening systems for effective identifying and management of children who are victim of various kinds of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Target group: 0-18 year olds from rural and semi-rural disadvantaged communities.
- Strengthen the capacity of member organizations to support and supervise community volunteers rendering services to children, families and communities.
- Increase capacity of volunteers to respond effectively to situation of risk of child abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Increase the number of children receiving protection and preventative services.
- Network for effective referral for overall comprehensive support and child family.
- Mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS and create an enabling social environment for care, treatment and support of children by strengthening the implementation of policy and programmes of interventions; Increase the proportion of children receiving services.
- Expand and protection network of CWSA by engaging and strengthening communities to recruit and train new community caregivers. Strengthen support mentoring and supervision of community caregivers.
- Focus on prevention, protection and education services to families & communities.
- Protection of children over weekends and after-hours (24 hour service).
- Enhancement of the community’s responsibility in terms of child protection; Long-term prevention of child abuse and neglect.
- Increased awareness of services for overall well-being and protection of children.