Child Welfare member organisations in all 9 Provinces
About Child Welfare South Africa
CWSA (Child Welfare South Africa) is an umbrella body representing 151 child welfare affiliates, 30 developing organisations, 25 outreach projects and 206 communities.
Collectively we reach about 2 million children, their families and caregivers. Consisting of 1200 staff members and 3500 volunteers.
- Protecting the children in our country from all kinds of abuse.
- Making a difference in the lives of children.
- Establishing networks and partnerships to ensure the safeguarding of our children.
- Being a credible, professional body for child protection.
- Providing support and guidance to our Member Organisations.
Leading in the achievement of a safe and caring environment for children of South Africa.
To promote, protect and enhance the safety, well-being and healthy development of children.
To have a child protection response in every community, starting with our member organisations, then every ward of different local municipality.