Child Welfare South Africa (CWSA) is an umbrella body that represents more than 263 member organizations and outreach projects in communities throughout South Africa. Together with its members it forms the largest non-profit, non-governmental organisation in the country in the fields of child protection and child and family care and development.
We have national presence with offices and member organisations in all the nine provinces of the country.
Child Welfare South Africa needs to appoint a seasoned strategic and corporate
NATIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (NED)
to drive its organisational strategy and render quality, affordable and equitable social services across its entire area of jurisdiction. In order to ensure sustained excellent social service delivery to South African children and to give effect to the strategic intent and direction of the National Board, the organisation wishes to supplement its team of highly qualified and experienced persons to continue supporting the National Board in transforming the CWSA into an organisation characterised by excellence and high-quality customer service.
NATIONAL EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (NED)
(5 Years Performance-Based Contract Appointment - Edenvale)
Key Performance Areas: * Strategic Management * Corporate Governance * Financial Management, including Enhanced Fundraising and allocation of resources * Legislative and legal Compliance * Marketing and Public Relations * Efficiency and Effectiveness in Child Protection and Support.
General requirements for Position:
- At least 7-10 years proven executive management experience
- A relevant degree and or post graduate degree in the corporate field/social services field
- Functional exposure to the listed Key Performance Areas at senior managerial level
- The proven ability to provide visionary, innovative and strategic leadership to a diverse workforce
- The proven ability to develop partnerships, to provide vision, set organisation direction and to inspire others as part of a team to deliver on the organisational mandate
- The proven ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders, including spheres of government, business, interest groups and community-based organizations
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant general and specific legislation
- A proven success record in marketing and raising donor funds
- Strong communication (written and verbal), report-writing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Language proficiency in at least 2 languages.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification
- Strategic leadership, management, communication, analytical and people management skills
- Working knowledge of relevant national, provincial and local government legislation, regulations, strategies and policies
- Clear understanding of the developmental challenges facing local government in general.
Remuneration and Service Conditions
A market-related remuneration package is offered, including a full range of benefits and performance-based incentives. The remuneration package can be structured within the prescribed guidelines to meet the successful candidate's preferences.
(Permanent positions R10 000 - R12 000. pm - Edenvale)
Requirements: * A tertiary Finance related qualification * 3 Years experience in a Financial Management and Accounting environment * Highly computer literate & proficient in use of spreadsheets & word processing.
Closing date: Friday 19 September 2014 by 16h00.
Late applications will not be considered. If applicants have not received any feedback within 2 months after closing date then their application should be considered unsuccessful and all documentation pertaining to the application will be destroyed. Please note that Council retains the right not to fill the position, and that the listed Key Performance Areas noted above may be amended.
For any enquiries regarding this position, please contact Annalene Barnard at (022) 772 1307 between 08h00-16h30. Candidates are requested not to contact CWSA directly. Any attempts to lobby or canvass support for applications from members of the Organization will immediately disqualify the candidature of an applicant. Candidates will be subject to reference and background checks. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted and candidates are requested not to send any copies of qualifications with applications. Certified copies of qualifications and service records must be presented by short-listed candidates at the interview. CV's together with a covering letter containing contact details of three contactable referees must be posted to ODS Consultants CC, PostNet Suite 227, Private Bag X7, Tyger Valley 7536.
Note: It would be expected of all shortlisted candidates to familiarise themselves thoroughly prior to the interview with respect to the challenges facing CWSA.
We run various programmes aimed at creating safe and caring environments for children and promoting community mobilisation for the effective protection of children. Our programmes are also aimed at strengthening and developing capacity in member organisations providing services to children and families.
VOLUNTEER WITH US AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
HELP THE CHILDREN OF SOUTH AFRICA BY DONATING TO CWSA
All donations to Child Welfare South Africa are very welcome and we thank you for your support.
- Account name: Child Welfare South Africa
- Bank: ABSA Bank, Gandhi Square
- Branch code: 503-005
- Account number: 1016470291
- Account type: Current
There can be no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children. - Nelson Mandela